on Friday, prime minister Erna Solberg new travel advice for feriesultne norwegians.
Finland, Iceland, Greenland, the faroe islands and Denmark all received the green light as a travel destination, but in Sweden relax just one region through the eye of the needle: Gotland.
the Island is located in the middle of the Baltic sea, and is a favourite holiday destination for swedes.
From a Norwegian perspective is the island on the other side of the Swedish mainland. How do we get to Gotland with the least possible risk of infection?Allows travel to one place in Sweden, the Quarantine exception
- Run the shortest path!
So reads the code from Frode Forland, who is the medical director for infection control at the Norwegian institute of public health (FHI).
Even though the rest of Sweden is the "no-regions", the norwegians run through these areas to get to Gotland. Or to Denmark and Finland, for that matter.
We open to be able to use your own vehicle through areas in the Nordic countries with elevated risks of infection on the way to or from the Uk, without incurring innreisekarantene, " says state secretary in the ministry of Health, Anne Grethe Erlandsen, to Dagbladet.
Both the Norwegian directorate of Health and Norwegian institute of public health believes that it poses small risks of infection.Turn On the LydErrorAllerede plus customer? Log into herError OPEN: - We open in Norway. We do it together, controlled and over time, " says statsmininster Erna Solberg. Show more - Tillitsbasert system
If you add you on wheels through the Swedish "no-regions", there are however several things you need to keep in mind:
- It is under the assumption that it is not overnattes in this area, that one keeps a distance if you need to pause, have a good smittehygiene during the journey and taking the shortest way, " says Erlandsen.
Frode Forland in FHI points out that one can stop to buy food and do the necessary errands in Sweden. But one should not have more contact with locals than the most necessary.PROVIDES GOTLAND-ADVICE: Frode Forland, medical director for infection control at the Norwegian institute of public health. Photo: FHI Show more
For norwegians, there are several ways to get to Gotland.
From Oslo you can fly via Stockholm to Visby with both SAS and Norwegian. Or you can drive yourself through Sweden and take the ferry from either Nynäshamn, Oskarshamn or Västervik.
- Nynäshamn is only a short drive from Stockholm - pandemiens epicentre in Sweden. Fear ye that the norwegians want to add visit Stockholm on the way to or from Gotland?
- We have to hope that people don't do what they are not allowed to. This is a tillitsbasert system. It is possible to add the way to Nynäshamn without having to go to Stockholm, " says Frode Forland.
If you choose to fly, Forland following recommendation:
- Keep your distance when you are in the vicinity of other people.
Fagdirektøren adds that the use of surgical masks, which are required by both SAS and Norwegian, is a security for travelers.Erna confuses the swedes: - do not Understand the Confused
the Decision to relieve the reiserestriksjonene for Gotland, but not the rest of Sweden, has received several swedes to scratch their heads.
Among them is Maria Amér, which is smittevernlege in Region Gotland.
- I have problems to understand rasjonaliteten behind the decision, said Amér Friday to Today's News.
the Doctor points out that there are very large regional differences when it comes to coronasmitte in Sweden, and Gotland today is located at approximately the same level as the Spare.
Frode Forland think the confusion stems from the Amér not have put enough into the criteria of the Norwegian authorities.
We are looking at three quantitative criteria. On some of these fall Skåne, while the Gotland goes through at all. If you look at the data under, you will understand the logic.Turn On the LydErrorAllerede plus customer? Log into herError SUMMER: For the vast, vast majority will summer vacation in the year will be in Norway, and here there is a sea of opportunities! Video: Kristin Sørdal. Clip: Ørjan Ryland Show more This is the criteria
to be classified as a region with acceptable smittettrykk, you must meet the following three criteria, informs the FHI-fagdirektøren:Fewer than 20 infected per 100 000 inhabitants.Under five per cent positive tests among all tested.Less than 0.5 nyinnlagte patients on the intensive care unit per 100 000 inhabitants.
the Numbers the Norwegian authorities are considering, is an average per week over the last two weeks. In addition, there are other things that must be in place, according to Forland:
- the Region must have a system for tracing the infection, good information to all travelers and the ability or capacity to be able to test everyone who has symptoms of the coronavirus.
These criteria are discussed FHI with the Swedish folkehelsemyndigheter before they ended to give the thumbs up for Gotland, " says Forland.Turn On the LydErrorAllerede plus customer? Log into herError the SWEDISH AUTHORITIES: prime Minister Erna Solberg (H) says the Swedish authorities would set a different result when it came to open borders. Reporter: Frode Andresen. Video: Bjørge Dahle Johansen / Dagbladet TV Show more New review every 14. day
Smittevernlege Maria Amér said Friday that there is concern about how Gotlands hospitals, if any, to deal with potential infection that may result to an increased number of visitors and increased tourism.
Frode Forland don't think the residents on the Swedish island of have reason to worry about a violent inflow of Norwegian tourists.
- But it may be there are more norwegians than it otherwise would have been.
- What kind of infection-the consequences can get that norwegians are vacationing on Gotland together with swedes from the "no-regions"?Private parties: This is the act of dinside
- It can quickly happen that also Gotland gets more infection. In that case, they can end up in the red zone at the next assessment, " says Forland.
prime Minister Erna Solberg (H) illuminated on Friday that the government every 14. day will make a new assessment of the regions that are considered to have acceptable smittetrykk.
- the Next time may Norrbotten to be inside, while the Gotland can be out. We follow with the updated numbers each week, " says Frode Forland.
Anne Grethe Erlandsen at the ministry of Health encourages ferieklare norwegians to put themselves well into what rules that apply in the country they will visit.
There may be some differences on the smitterådene from country to country, as each has the responsibility to insert themselves in. The nordic countries have good information pages about this, add Erlandsen.the Experiment continues Comment
Want to discuss?Visit Dagbladet debate!