As cryptocurrencies have become more mainstream and accepted, a number of casinos have been to allow players to make deposits, place bets and withdraw funds using them, these include some of the best casinos in India.
From the point of view of the player cryptocurrencies offer many advantages. They include:
- Safety: Online casinos rely on cashless transactions and because crypto currencies rely on a blockchain that is the most secure payment method yet created.
- No Currency Conversion: A cryptocurrency is universally accepted, meaning an online site can be accessed legally from most countries without the user having to worry about foreign currency conversion.
- Speed: One of the biggest frustrations of many gamblers is the time that online casinos take to process withdrawals. With cryptocurrencies, it is virtually instantaneous.
- Low Operational Costs: Cryptocurrencies do not attract transaction costs unlike bank and card transfers.
- Anonymity: For many gamblers, their primary advantage.
When it comes to picking the right platform, the advice is the same for anybody deciding which online casino to honour with their custom.
In the first place, begin by making sure that the casino is licensed, and then see under which regulatory authority they fall. The general rule is that any company licensed by an authority like the UK Gambling Commission or Malta Gaming Authorithy, is likely to be subject to a proper degree of oversight and to follow best practice in its procedure and operations.
Malta is generally fine, but territories like Curaçao have a reputation for being lax in controlling firms under their authority.
If the casino does not advertise on its website that it has a gambling licence, then the best advice is to stay away from it.
Then look at the online reviews from existing customers of the casino, particularly on reliable platforms like Casinobest or Trustpilot. A respected site will have a number of positive reviews, and probably the odd negative one as well. Every business will have some aspect of it that somebody will not like. Read the detailed comments as well, as they may reveal specific issues.
The next area to check is their customer service options. They should offer multiple ways to contact a casino – email, phone, live chat, and ideally, they should be available 24/7. Their website should also offer helpful user support, such as FAQs, and ow-to guides.
An often-neglected way of checking the credentials of an online casino is to look at their games’ library. Does their portfolio consist of well-known brand names, or are the software developers unfamiliar to you? Software houses have a reputation to maintain – those at the top end of the market do not want to risk that by associating with unscrupulous casino operators.
And last but not least, it is always worth spending a few minutes reading through a site’s terms and conditions. It may not be the most existing read but, buried in the small print you can often find valuable information, particularly when it comes to qualification for bonus and promotional offers, or minimum withdrawal levels.
If you believe then they are not being transparent, take your custom somewhere else.