The site of Choisy is the only one, on the 14 the industrial group in France, whose closure has been announced at this stage on the horizon 2022.
The tension is rising at Renault. The employees of the site of Choisy-le-Roi (Val-de-Marne) were on strike on Tuesday to the call of the inter-union local (FO, CFDT, CGT, CFE-CGC) to protest against the announced closure of their site, a-t-on learned from union sources.
READ ALSO >> Closures of plants in France : Renault pays the thirst for conquest of Carlos Ghosn
"Over 200 employees", on the 262 that counts the site in total, "mobilized for the safeguarding of their jobs", were gathered from 6: 00 am local in front of the factory, specialised in the renovation and reconditioning of engines and gearboxes, said Brahim Hachouche (FO).Your support is essential. Subscribe for $ 1 support Us
"The plant is shut down"
"The plant is shut down. We expect someone from the central leadership that we should explain; we have the support of the city council," added Brahim Hachouche, stating that the strike was "renewable". The site of Choisy is the only one, on the 14 the industrial group in France, whose closure has been announced at this stage on the horizon 2022 in the framework of the savings plan, which provides for remove 4 600 posts in three years in France, nearly 10% of the group's workforce in france.
READ ALSO >> savings Plan of Renault : "This is the result of a succession of bad decisions"
His business must be transferred to the site of Flins (Yvelines). The president of Renault, Jean-Dominique Senard "must come to the factory of Choisy-le-Roi, he comes to present his plan which nobody understands anything. We do not expect mid-June for explanations. It is first of all to the employees of Choisy that he needs explanations, not the media !", says the inter-union in a press release.
massive actions to provide ?
According to Fabien Waste, delegate central (CGT 3e union), "the employees have understood that the project had no other object than to reduce the production capacity and do not intend to let it go". "Rather, it is a good thing, because beyond employment, it is the activity of Renault in its entirety, that they defend," added Fabien Waste.
READ ALSO >> the Face of the crisis, Renault's "all-in" on the alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi
According to him, the strike at Choisy-le-Roi is the "prelude to massive actions of all institutions". A meeting of the intersyndicale (CGC, CFDT, CGT, FO) at the central level took place Tuesday morning "in this direction" and a delegation of the inter-union central must make Wednesday on the website of the Val-de-Marne.
"The goal is to develop other local actions in all sites and aim for more overall of all employees by integrating the engineering, almost 15 000 people, still largely working at home," added Fabien Waste.
The Mayor wants a social dialogue
The automaker, struggling, last week announced a savings plan of more than 2 billion euros, and a bank loan of 5 billion euros, which the State must provide its guarantee. The Economy minister Bruno Le Maire wished Tuesday that the management of Renault is conducting a social dialogue "constructive and transparent" about the future of the group's sites, notably in the North, to validate this loan.
READ ALSO >> Renault will accept-does it make a big cheque to Carlos Ghosn?
Read our complete fileThe French top managers are being paid too much? Renault : the government validates the loan guaranteed by the State of 5 billion euros, The president of Renault says he has "no intention" to close the site in Maubeuge
He received Tuesday morning the union representatives on the site of Maubeuge (North), local elected officials, and the president of Renault, Jean-Dominique Senard to discuss the future of this site, which the group intends to transfer the production of utilities electric Kangoo at their site in Douai - about 2 900 employees - , approximately 70 km of Maubeuge, who would inherit a new platform.