(Dagbladet): the Bedbug is found on a number of Norwegian accommodations - not only abroad. And now warn experts norwegians believe that they can't get with the bedbug home from Norwegian hotels, camping sites and guest houses for norgesferien. And a simple mistake can be very costly.
In 2019, it was reported 3058 cases of bedbug to the Norwegian institute of public health. the
Number has never been higher, and there is an increase of 360 per cent in the course of the last ten years. In 2010, the figure was 669 cases.
" We expect that this summer with travel in the Uk are just as busy as the summers where we can travel abroad. For the bedbug is found throughout the country. And we fear that veggedyrproblemene goes under the radar in many places where one usually not so careful to check the conditions before renting, " says Tor Iljar, managing director of the company Dogpoint, that by the help of the dogs detect bedbug both in storage and homes.
- We see that especially the campsites deny the fact that they can have the bedbug in their huts. While hotels have been better to take the problem seriously. In addition, one must not forget that the bedbug is found in motor homes and private accommodations, " says Iljar.Warns about flights dinside Costly
- You can do a lot to prevent the risk of being exposed to bedbug by following a simple checklist, " says Inger Kringlebotten, market research and in charge of communications in the Norwegian Hussoppforsikring.
(See sjekklista further down )
And it is important to not take too lightly the problem even though this year's holiday will be spent in Norway. The bedbug can be found both on the expensive hotels and affordable campsites and can do great damage to your home if they are home for the holidays.
A normal cost for a veggedyrbekjempelse is 30-50 000, but we also have examples of cases with far higher costs, continues Kringlebotten.Tough strain Pieces: Veggedyrene bites and sucks blood. Then you get an itch that can destroy fine holidays. the
Photo: Norwegian Hussoppforsikring Show more
Many people get the bedbug in the house feel that it is a tough strain for more than the pocketbook.
- In periods, we work just as much as psychologists as with skadedyrbekjemping.
Many sykemelder themselves, keeps children home from school and kindergarten, stops to invite people into their home, or dropper to go on a visit, " says Tor Iljar.Turn On the LydErrorAllerede plus customer? Log into herError SHOCK: Skadedyrbekjemperen Rory McCarthy has seen much over 25 years in the job, but this vision makes him speechless. Video: Caters. Reporter: Madeleine Liereng / Dagbladet TV Show more Avoid bed
Many starting a hotel stay by putting the suitcase on the bed, open it to take something and sticking then a trip out to see the surroundings around the hotel.
It can be a real goof. For it leads to that veggedyrene move into in the trunk - later to be home.
It is smart to keep the suitcase the most closed - also in the hotel room. When you prevent insects getting in among your clothes.
You should also keep the suitcase far away from the bed. Keep it like in the bathroom, where the risk to find the bedbug is low.
- If you discover bedbug in a room, so it is important to check if they also exist in the adjoining room since the animals can spread there, " says scientist Bjørn Arne Rukke, in the Norwegian institute of public health, and continues;
- And for them to check in to a room, examine the underside of the bed for traces of the bedbug as well as hold your items the most in the suitcase and away from the bed. This will reduce the risk for you to get the bedbug further, " says Rukke.No: the Suitcase shall not be placed on the bed. The best is to have it in the bathroom. Photo: Odd Roar Lange Show more Use your head - use flashlight Small and unwanted: the Way they look, the unwanted veggedyrene. Photo: Norwegian Hussoppforsikring Show more
It is important to examine the property carefully when you check in. Feel free to use the flashlight on my phone and the light under the bed. Look at the wood on the sengeramma or under the mattress. The animals you see hardly, but you see the black dots indicate that there is faecal matter from the bedbug. Then it is important to change rooms as soon as possible. And remember that bedbug, you can find everything from simple accommodations to expensive luxury hotel. They do not care about how many stars the hotel has.New train service to dinside
Want to discuss?Visit Dagbladet debate!