the Government raises the innreiserestriksjonene 15. July for citizens of the EEA and the Schengen area. It means that from 15. July may be possible for norwegians to travel to Europe, and releasing quarantined upon their return home about smittesituasjonen in the countries to meet the requirements.Discourages
the Insurance company Fremtind encourage now to wait to book Europe holiday.
- We do not recommend our customers to travel to countries with travel advice, as there may be many restrictions, lack of medical help and we can't guarantee for your security. They should still travel, will reiseforsikringen cover the ordinary events that don't have corona to do, " says Therese Nielsen, skadeforebygger in Fremtind, in a press release.Europe is open for norwegians 15. July
Even though the government is now planning to open up for the areas in Europe with low infection rates, countries are still not removed from the UDs travel advice
- It will say that increases the infection in an area, and the UD decides to not raise the reiserådet there anyway, so you cannot get again the cancellation of the journey on insurance. This is because you have booked your tickets while there still was a travel advice to the country, " says Nielsen.Covers cancellation
FHI shall, within 10. July prepare a list of countries that will still be affected by the travel restrictions, based on smittesituasjonen.
- It is important to remember that reiserådet which came the 14. march, apply to and 20. august. Countries and areas opened up for now are individual exceptions based on smittespredningen, " says Andreas Bibow Handeland, communication advisor at European travel Insurance.
Handeland points out that reiseforsikringen will only apply in those countries or areas the government opens up to travel to.
We cover cancellations to areas that are covered by travel advice as long as the current council standing, as well as in seven days afterwards. This applies to trips purchased before the reiserådet came 14. march. That way, customers can wait as close to departure as possible to decide, in the hope that the situation can change, " says Handeland.Tegnell: Therefore, it went wrong - do not Encourage travel
Even though the government is now opening up for travel to several countries in the summer, so do not recommend the authorities not taking the trip south. Health minister Bent Tall (H) pointed out during the press conference Thursday afternoon that the Uk still is the safest place to vacation in.
- Although the ministry of Foreign affairs from 15. July makes an exception from the reiserådet for those countries Norwegian institute of public health recommend, is not an invitation to travel. Those planning a trip need to put themselves well into the restrictions and smittevernregler for the country you plan to travel to, " says foreign minister Ine Eriksen Søreide during the press conference on Thursday.Gotland bust
two weeks ago, it was opened for travel to the Nordic region. It was, however, put strong limitations for Sweden, where one could only go to Gotland, which is situated in the middle of the Baltic sea, and is a favourite holiday destination for swedes.
It is now the end.
- In practice, this means that the norwegians have been able to travel freely to Gotland in Sweden and all other countries in the Nordic region for the last two weeks. FHI today, comes with an updated rating that shows that shows that smittesituasjonen on Gotland no longer meet the criteria. It means that all travel in Sweden entail a quarantine upon return to Norway, " said Solberg at the press conference.
Gotland is thus now not except for karantenereglene for travel to Sweden. the
Want to discuss?Visit Dagbladet debate!