The latest medical report lowers the alarm around 'O Rei'
MADRID, 3 Dic. (EUROPA PRESS) -
Former soccer player Edson Arantes do Nascimento 'Pele' is stable, without worsening in the last 24 hours, and responding to treatment for a respiratory infection, according to the latest medical report this Saturday from the Albert Einstein Israelite Hospital in Sao Paulo (Brazil).
The Brazilian star, considered the best player in history, has kept the world of football and sports in suspense since he was admitted to said medical center last Tuesday due to the concern of doctors about his response to chemotherapy treatment after the colon tumor which was removed in September of last year.
Early this Saturday in Brazil, the Brazilian newspaper 'Folha de S.Paulo' set off alarm bells by reporting that Pelé was "receiving comfort measures" to alleviate pain and shortness of breath caused by cancer, with metastasis in your intestine, lung and liver.
However, the latest report from the hospital, published by O Globo and ESPN, talks about the 82-year-old Pelé still "is undergoing treatment and his state of health remains stable." "He has also had a good response to respiratory infection care, with no worsening in the last 24 hours," he says.
Pelé himself sent a message of tranquility on Friday, through social networks, saying that his income was a "monthly visit". The last medical report maintains hope regarding the life of the three-time world champion, although without a doubt his health is going through the most delicate moment.