MADRID, 18 Nov. (EUROPA PRESS) -
The English Manchester United confirmed this Friday that it has begun to take "the appropriate steps" in the face of the statements made by the Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo in his interview where he was very critical of the club and the Dutch coach Erik ten Hag.
"Manchester United have initiated the appropriate steps this morning in response to Cristiano Ronaldo's recent media interview. We will not comment further until this process reaches its conclusion," United limited itself to commenting.
The one from Madeira was very critical of the club and the coach, confessing, among other things, that he felt "betrayed" by both. "I feel that there are people who don't want me to be here since last year," said the Portuguese in the interview with 'TalkTV'.
"It's probably good for United and me to have a new challenge. But if I come back, I hope the people let me shine like I've done at other clubs in recent years," he added. In addition, he sent a message to Ten Hag. "I like honest people who respect my morals. What has happened in the last two months has not been respect, in many ways," he said.
According to 'The Athletic', Manchester United would be studying "taking legal action" in order to terminate the contract of the 37-year-old striker, who has signed with the 'Red Devils' until June 30.